Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 -- first full week in the mission field

Hello Family,

I gotta write fast because there is a lot to tell you guys. Anyway first off, my knee is healed now so it’s not a big deal. We had a one hour flight to Cusco from Lima and it was so beautiful, I didn't bring my camera this week so I’ll have to send you the pics next week. Anyway, Cusco is so cool but I was only there for a day before I got shipped to a really high up town called Choquehuanca. The town is tiny and there are more sheep than people here. The bus ride was six hours long but it was cool to get to see all the country side.

Get this though, my trainer is Elder Nicholls! I can’t believe the irony in it. Our mission president was talking to all the new missionaries when we were in Cusco and said that he received revelation for all the companionships, and then he came over to me and Elder Nicholls and said especially these two because they were from the same town. Elder Nicholls said that he knew my sister and everyone laughed and our president just smiled and said he didn't know that. Anyway the people in my town are hard to teach because they aren't too accepting of the gospel and they are super flaky in our appointments and the commitments we give them.

Me and Elder Nicholls are trying to talk in only Spanish whenever we are outside of the house and it’s really helped a lot. We also get thundershowers every night and it’s awesome. Anyway that’s all I have time for right now and I love you all.

Elder Halverson 


No comments:

Post a Comment