Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

Hello,
This week has been really tough. Almost every appointment we had this week has fallen through and we didn't have much luck with any of our investigators progressing or finding new people. The up side is, however, that the guy we are rescuing (Leoncio) is progressing really well. I think he really wants to change his life and as we teach him, he is accepting everything really well. He has also been coming to church and meeting with the branch president. By next week he will be considered a rescue because we only need to teach him once or twice more. I think one reason our week didn't have much going on is because they had elections this week and so everyone was busy with that. In fact, the branch president said he was going to cancel church and we were just like ummm you can’t do that... Anyway we only had 9 people at church yesterday including the 4 elders in our district. It was kind of a cool experience for us though because we got to lead church and we all gave talks to the 5 members who went. The other elders in our district got to baptize the daughter of a less active family they rescued so we also had a conformation yesterday. Last night we talked about what else we can do to have more success and so we watched The District 2 and there is an elder companionship who had the exact same problem we are having. I think this week though we are going to try to go out with members and find a lot of less actives to talk to.

Other than that though we hiked Mount Pucara and it was the most tiring thing ever because I couldn't breathe. It was also super steep, but it was so worth it when we got to the top. Also we were helping our pensionista build her house again and when they were done all the workers (except for her family... Well most of her family) got drunk. Anyway, while my companion was talking to someone, I taught a quick 5 minute lesson of the restoration to about 10 drunk guys. I’m not sure if I count that as a lesson, though, or if I count them as new investigators... Anyway that’s how my week was.

I love you guys.

Elder Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment