Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Holy cow, a lot is happening. [In response to telling Chase about all the people going on missions now.] I've only been away for like 4 months right? Seems like it should be longer with everything happening. Everyone is leaving; it’s really weird.

Anyway as far as that family is going, we invited them to church this Sunday. The dad said he couldn't go because he would be working. It was cool cuz I felt the prompting to promise him that if he came to church that his work would be more successful and he would receive help in it. Sadly he didn't come; however, the mother and son came and it was super cool. We met with them after and the mom was asking some really good questions. I don’t think they will be getting baptized this change but I believe they will next change. Elder Nicholls thinks that he will stay one more change to baptize them. I only have a few more weeks of my training so I’m not sure what’s going to happen. I kinda hope I leave Choquehuanca but at the same time I would be a little anxious to because that’s all I know. We kinda think that we will stay a 3 change together in Choquehuanca.

But yea I’m in Cusco right now and traveling to Lima tonight to get my visa. Not too much to report this week; however, we are teaching a crazy lady who thinks she is possessed and she is also a butcher. So yea we won’t teach her without a member present. We also had 26 contacts this week and only 4 news. But yea that’s all that’s been happening here. I can’t think of anything else to write about. Also I’m surprised to hear that you guys still have the cat. I kinda thought you got rid of it like 2 weeks after I left. Anyway it’s cool to hear that you guys are fellowshipping your neighbors. Also I miss the spring trees, and trees in general. I’ll probably end up going to Madre de Dios this change XD then I’ll have all the trees I want in the jungle.

Anyway, that’s all for this week. Love you guys,

Elder Halverson





 Picture from his hike a couple of weeks back.  The valley is at 13,500 feet.
 Choquehuanca (the village where Chase is serving) is the one in the back, on the other side of the river.
Not sure where this is exactly. I think it's in the neighboring town.

No comments:

Post a Comment