Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

Hey sorry I wasn’t able to write yesterday. Me and my comp had to go to Cusco for some things; however the bus ride there and back takes all day from Espinar.

Anyway this week was kinda a hassle. On Saturday we had a baptism planned but that day we lost power in the whole city. Also when there is no power there is no power to pump water in so we also had no water in the chapel, or our house. But other than that, this week has been good as far as our lessons and investigators. Also, this Sunday, our bishopric got changed so hopefully we will be able to see more progress with that. Anyway, not much more has been going on here, just getting colder at night. However, for Monday, before we went to Cusco, we were in Sicuani and we were able to pick up another heater so that each companionship can have one in their room. But we didn’t really do much in Sicuani because we had to leave so fast. But the whole time we were traveling we were listening to Cumbia from Peru for 2 and a half hours. Just so you can know what it sounds like, look up songs from Corazon Serrano on YouTube. Needless to say, I was ready to shoot myself or break the speaker system. But luckily it only happened on the way there. It kinda sucked though because when we got to Cusco we had to buy a few things and I needed to pull out the rest of my money for this month but the ATMs weren’t working and the stores we had to go to were closed. But these things happen so it’s all good.

Speaking of college, me and my comp always talk about skiing/snowboarding and we are talking about rooming together; however, I get back 6 months before him. 

Ok, as for your questions, first off, my most spiritual experience was in a lesson we had this week with a kid who we have a date with and we were teaching him the word of wisdom and the law of chastity. Anyway, I was kinda scared that he either wouldn’t understand or would have trouble accepting it. But we taught him normal and he accepted it just fine. Just goes to show that when you have a testimony of these things, it makes it easier to accept them. Which also brings me to how I have learned more in the gospel. In the zone meeting, we focused a lot on being able to teach so that the investigators can understand and we focused most of all in teaching the law of chastity and did practices of it. The best moment I had with my comp this week was when we were talking about skiing. Because that is normally what we talk about. He says that I should say that I love him but that would be a lie and I can’t lie. (He is reading this.) XD My happiest moment this week was getting a ton of references in a family night we had. Also when we went to Sicuani and ate salchi papas because it was so delicious. My testimony has probably grown this week as I’ve been learning some of the responsibilities we have as missionaries and especially in our callings. I’ve heard a lot of stories of missionaries who just don’t want to do anything here or when they get home but we really can’t do that. Like the scripture in D&C that I was studying this week that says many are called but few are chosen.

But yea that’s about all I got for this week but I’m glad that you are all doing well and I love you all and I’ll talk to you next week!

Elder Halverson
 Saying goodbye to some people in Juliaca.
Saying hello to new area of Espinar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment