Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

Hey everyone!

Well this week has been pretty good. However, our numbers weren’t that great this week because we had some appointments fall through and we also dropped some people that weren’t progressing. But, on the bright side, we have 3 baptisms planned for this Saturday. But we basically aren’t going to be in our sector this whole week because Wednesday in the afternoon we have to go to Sicuani so that Thursday morning our whole zone can travel together to Cusco for a conference we have with Elder Useda. Then Friday morning, we will be coming back here. Also something that happened this last Sunday was we had a change of bishops and the new bishop is super sweet. He is also really young but this guy wants to get work done so hopefully we will be seeing a big change in the ward and how they help us. As for the power thing [last week], that’s actually pretty normal for smaller towns. It actually happened quite often to me while I was in Choquehuanca. And I’m not actually really sure why it happens but I think it’s because all their wiring here just kinda sucks so whenever there is wind, the wires just crap out. Also, I think I’m good with money right now, but I don’t have anything in my account. 

Ok, so I got a funny story. Today for our pday, we went to a place called 3 canyons. Anyway it has some ruins there but most of them weren’t original, they are just there to show where the old original buildings were. So we found a spot where we wanted to take pictures of us jumping off of a rock pile to look like we were doing Incan sacrifices. Anyway, I took one of my comp but the missionary who was trying to take my picture couldn’t do it very well (I’m including the best picture he was able to take of me). Anyway, I kept trying to get a picture but the last time I climbed on the wall I felt a rock move... And then I felt them all move... The whole rock wall just collapsed from under me so I just jumped off. The bad part is that there was a worker there that heard it and came over to us. He saw the collapsed wall and said we had to pay for it and that it would be 1000$ (which was ridiculous). But luckily our pensionista’s husband came with us and told the guy that we were just taking a picture next to it and then it just fell down and he let us go. (I’m also including a picture of the fallen wall.) Anyway, it was super funny and I was really freaked out but it all turned out good. But the rest of the day was really fun, I’m just super tired now and burnt.

As for your questions, my most spiritual experience this week would be in a family night we had with our investigators that have the baptismal date this week. Anyway, that day their dad came home from the mine and was super drunk and so the family was fighting. So basically the whole night we were trying to cheer them up. But we talk about their baptism a little bit and how it will help them and we are also going to talk to the dad tomorrow and maybe tonight to see if we can do anything with him. Another funny thing that happened this week was we were in the church one day to have a meeting with the bishop and a crazy lady who we taught once came in. She started shaking everyone’s hands but when she got to me I was wearing gloves and so she didn’t shake my hand and started saying stuff like, oh sorry my hands are dirty, and she also called me a robber because she thought it was super offensive that I was going to shake her hand with gloves on. Anyway, she said a bunch of other stuff that I don’t really remember but afterwards the bishop just looked at me and said, don’t feel bad, she's crazy. My comp didn’t help any either, he was just laughing the whole time. She would also be the most interesting person I met this week.

But one night we also contacted a drunk guy that started taking us to who knows where. He said that he wanted us to go teach his daughter but he had no idea where we were so we just left him. He was soooo drunk though that he could hardly walk. The three canyons was the new thing I saw this week. This week my testimony has grown with the Christ-like attributes. This week I was studying that and how I can better myself in the attributes I am lacking. This is also a principle that our president’s wife taught us in my first zone conference. She said that we need to be like a wheel in our attributes so we aren’t lacking too much in one area or focusing too much in another area. Because with Christ being perfect, all of his attributes were equal and that’s also how we should be.

But that’s about it for this week but I love you all very much and until next week!

Elder Halverson


P.S. Also as you can see I am sporting my moccasins because I left my tennis shoes in Cusco and have to go get them this week  :T

 Jumping off the wall making Incan sacrifices.
 The fallen wall.
Three Canyons.
The District.


No comments:

Post a Comment