Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015

Hello family!

Well this week was pretty good, too. Sunday night, like I said, we traveled to Sicuani for the interviews with president. Then for the next 3 days we were also in Sicuani. Monday was the zone meeting. Tuesday we were just doing divisions in Sicuani so we wouldn’t have to travel more. It was funny, while I was doing divisions, I was with a North American named Elder Steele. While we were out working, he had hot dog to throw at dogs that would bark at him because he was so afraid of dogs. I just told him that if dogs tried to give us any problems I would just kick the dog in the face like I have done here in Espinar. Actually, there was a dog that looked like it wanted to bite us and would always bark at us like crazy. However, one day, I was getting tired of it and ran at the dog and kicked it in the face so hard that it flipped over backwards. Ever since then I have only seen it twice and when it sees us it runs away.

Anyway, Wednesday we had our interviews with President and it really helped me out understanding how I can be a better district leader. Also, I talked to him again about my ecclesiastical endorsement and he said he would go in probably this week to try and do it again. If it doesn’t show up, that means that my application isn’t showing up. Also, I was able to talk to his wife about my health and she was able to tell me some pills to take that I have taken this last week. So hopefully they will work but for right now I’m feeling fine.

As for this week, even though we were only able to work for a few days less, we were still able to do some good work. Also, we had 6 new investigators that attended for the first time. They were all made up of 2 different families with whom we are starting to work. Also, as for the Yuca family, we are still working with them on their dates. At least for Sandra, we may possibly have to put her date in October because she may not yet be ready, at least with her understanding of the teachings, but she still has a desire to be baptized. 

The funniest thing that happened this week... I actually can’t think of anything really funny that happened this week. My most spiritual experience was probably while I was with the President in my interview because it kinda refreshes my desires for working. He also really helps me understand my purpose a lot better. Whenever I go to him with concerns, he really knows how to help me understand my trials and use them to help me get better.

This week, or at least today, we went to a Catholic church that was in the middle of nowhere. There is a little spout that comes out of the ground with fresh water that apparently is blessed from some virgin but it wasn’t anything exciting and was actually really boring. The others wanted to go because they thought that there were going to be a lot of people there but there wasn’t anything. But I got to see more of the area around here. This week my testimony has grown with respects to the Priesthood and its authority. I have been studying the book Our Search for Happiness and it has been talking a lot about why the priesthood is so important and it really just helped me understand it better.

But that’s about it for this week. Next week we have changes and I’m really hoping that I will be able to train to finish my mission. But I love you all and I hope that your week goes well.

Elder Halverson 


No comments:

Post a Comment