Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Well I’m glad to hear that everything with trek went good for you guys. As for me this week was terribly slow. First off, the lady we have been teaching was sick this whole week so we weren’t able to do anything with her. As for everyone else, the world cup has been taking its toll because everyone was preoccupied with harvesting or the world cup.

Yesterday was pretty nice, though. We had a higher assistance than normal and all of our talks and lessons in the branch have finally started to sink in. The leaders are finally ready to start helping us little by little. The branch president and district president really burned them though as well as themselves. They were basically saying that no one there has a strong testimony and no one including themselves would be saved. I think that had more impact coming from the leaders than the missionaries, but hey if it makes the branch want to work then it’s fine with me.

Anyway in the mission they want us to focus on family search and family history. For us here that might be a little bit harder because people here don’t even know who their grandparents are and the 2 internet places here aren’t very good so I’m not sure how well the family search website will work. Anyway we will start trying it out in our lessons and see how well people respond to it. I think it will go pretty well and hopefully it will make people have more of a desire to make a trip to the temple. But if it’s something that’s from the first presidency then I don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

Anyway that’s basically all that’s been happening here. The nice thing is we can take our time with this sister now that I know I’m going to be here longer which in the end will probably be better for her.

Anyway I love you guys and I hope you’re doing well.


Elder Halverson

This was just a funny thing we did a few weeks ago when there was a party in Pucara. So yes I've been to Macchu Picchu. With tigers!
Me with my comp and Elder Porcaro (the elder who is from Spanish Fork) at Chiles. However, I didn't have my food in this picture but I got a blue cheese bacon burger. (The best thing I've eaten here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment