Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hello, Sorry I’m writing so late. We had to wait a while before the internet place opened. Also it’s really slow here so it took a while for it to open up my mail. Anyway we had a good week. For the most part we just visited the lady’s family who we are going to baptize this week. They are really excited about all we are teaching them and they seem excited about their baptism too. Hopefully everything will continue to go good this week. 

But yea this is our last week in the change. It felt like this change has flown by. Pretty crazy though, everyone also tells me that times just continues to go by faster and faster and you get more time. Anyway I’m not sure if I’ll get a change or kill my comp. A part of me really want to go to a new sector just because I feel like I don’t really know the mission that well. On the other hand there some people here who I still want to help out but who knows what’s going to happen. My comp is convinced that I’ll be going to Cusco though which would be pretty darn awesome. 

Anyway it’s pretty cool that Trek is finally here. I hope it all works out for you guys and that everything goes smoothly. I wish I could go to Famous Dave’s to celebrate when I do something cool. But I know I’m just going to pig out when I go somewhere that has better food. We got sick again all yesterday because I think we ate some bad hot dogs. So we spent the day just sleeping and going to the bathroom every hour. Luckily every time I’ve been sick it’s only for a day. However it’s really starting to take it out of me and I don’t have too much energy. 

I’m glad to hear that everyone is doing good though. I’ve been getting really anxious for that package though because my comp just got one full of candy so I’ve just been watching him eat it for the past week. Anyway nothing much has been happening here. We kinda had to burn our branch president because he has really been getting lazy with his responsibilities and tried to call a kid who is only a priest to be the young men president. We are thinking of have a training meeting for all the leaders to teach them their responsibilities. 

But yea that’s about all that’s happened here. I’ll let you guys know what happens for changes next week and how the baptism is. Anyway I love you all and hope you are having fun and working hard.


Love, 

Elder Halverson

No comments:

Post a Comment