Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014

Hello everyone!

My week has been pretty good. Not too much has been happening. However, I did wake up one morning to see a giant spider right above my head. Needless to say, I almost wet myself. Also this week we had an earthquake. It wasn't that strong, though. It was funny because we were in the house of a member family and the mom was freaking out.

Anyway, the work is still going good. So far nothing special to report. We've just been working with a few less active families and investigator families. There are 2 investigator families we have been working with that only lack a lesson or 2 and then a date so we are getting pretty close. However, I still can’t remember their names :P

As for the weather, it’s been pretty nice. We haven’t been getting too much rain but I think about at the end of October is when all the rain comes.

As for references this week we only received 1 but we are keeping ourselves busy with the people we already have so that’s not a big deal. Oh, and for housing, the houses here are definitely a lot better. People here actually have couches. XD No, but mostly the houses are concrete/brick houses that are pretty tall. We still have adobe mud houses here, especially the higher up you get because people are poorer higher up. But even still, all the houses are a lot nicer furnished. Also, I noticed that practically everyone here has a giant plasma screen TV with a crazy sound system. Even if they live in a mud house. Also, something that I like a lot more here is that all the roofing is clay tiles and not completely tin roofing. So needless to say, it is a lot more beautiful here.

Oh here is something funny about Peru, the elections here are the same days as conference. Also, there is a law that says if you don’t vote, you get taxed and you also can’t hold meetings during the elections, including religious meetings. So we have to postpone conference until the next week. But we go to the stake center here and watch it with the whole zone. Also, they set up a TV in a separate room so the Americans can watch it in English. It was also like that the last time I saw it. And I could watch it in Spanish if I wanted to, it’s just that you don’t get to hear the emotion in their voices plus I still understand more in English. But yea, so next week during the elections we can either hang out with members or something because there is no church and it can get a little dangerous during the elections.

Anyway that’s about all that’s going on here. I don’t have my camera with me this week so I’m gonna have to send photos next week. Anyway I love you all and I’m glad to hear you are all doing good.

Until next week,

Elder Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment