Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014 - First baptism and apartment flood

Well this Saturday we had our baptism. The lady has two kids but one isn’t old enough to be baptized, so I baptized the mom and my comp baptized the son. It was a really cool experience doing my first baptism, also in Spanish. So about that, the whole day I was practicing the baptismal phrase and I had it down perfect. However, when we were in the water and I went to say it, I couldn’t remember the phrase because I was so nervous so my comp had to whisper the beginning to me from the side. XD Anyway, it was pretty cool. Other than that, the weather here has been normal Cusco weather, which means it’s always off and on rain. And we have just been preparing our other investigators for baptism.

Also on Saturday, I accidentally flooded our house. So what happened is our house isn’t very big and we have 3 rooms -- a kitchen, a bedroom, and a bathroom. The bedroom is super small and there isn’t enough space for our beds so we sleep in the kitchen. Anyway, so there is a sink in there that we just never use. So on Saturday morning we didn’t have water but the sink was dripping a bit and it was bothering me because it was like 4 in the morning and it woke me up. Anyway, I was trying to turn it off but accidentally turned it on not knowing because there wasn’t much water coming out. Anyway, being tired and frustrated, I just slapped tape on it to stop the dripping. Well, half way through the day the water turned back on while we were proselyting and the sink was on full blast and the tape acted like a finger on a hose and was spraying water everywhere so when we got back to the house there was like an inch of water on the floor, my clothes were soaked, my shoes were soaked, and my bed was soaked because I sleep next to the sink. Anyway, so for the past few days I’ve just had everything hanging up to dry, luckily it didn’t get our desks so all my books are fine. However, I had a very uncomfortable sleep Saturday night because only a sliver of my bed was dry so I had to sleep very skinnily.

Another story I got from this week is the power company was protesting and so they turned all the power off in Cusco for about 30 minutes so it was an interesting site seeing Cusco pitch black.

Anyway, that’s all I got for this week. Hope you are all doing well. And I love you all!

Elder Halverson









(I love that Chase wore his suspenders to perform the baptism!  That's so Chase!)



No comments:

Post a Comment