Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

So we just read our news for the changes today. My companion is moving up to be an office worker in Cusco. I’m getting another gringo companion. I’m staying in Choquehuanca for this change as well. This will be a very interesting change though because we have some families that are really progressing. I’m kinda thinking right now that I’ll just be here for this change and then leave. I really think that we will be able to baptize the families we are working with but I’m just sad that Elder Nicholls won’t be here for it. Since being here I've realized the reason that there needs to at least be one gringo in Choquehuanca. I’m really excited for this change and the blessings that I’m sure will come with it. I will really need to work hard with my Spanish now that all my companions have been American.

As for this last week, it was pretty funny. It was kinda like panning for gold and only finding a few nuggets and no gold dust. We didn't have very many lessons but the ones we did have were really strong and spiritual. The problem was that there was another holiday for this week and so it makes it really hard to find people.

I've learned so much from Elder Nicholls and I’m sad to see him get a change but at the same time, he really needed it. I've also learned so much from being in Choquehuanca about obedience, charity, and humility. I’m excited to learn more this next change and continue to grow. I’m excited also for my new companion and all we will be able to progress together. Other than that, my district leader is getting a change and my gringo zone leader is going to open a sector and will be training in his last 2 changes. This change is really crazy but that’s how we progress in life. Anyway, that’s the big news for this week. I’ll have to lead my sector for the first few weeks and it will be a little challenging but I’m excited for the challenge and being able to learn. I’m working hard as ever and I love you all very much. I’m so thankful for the opportunity I have to serve here and help others come closer to Christ. I’m thankful for all that I can learn and for all the friendships I've made here. Anyway, until next week I’ll tell you all about the new members to the zone.

Love, 
Elder Halverson

No comments:

Post a Comment