Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014

Hello  everyone!

Well for Christmas decorations I just bought a small Christmas tree with some lights as well as a banner that just says feliz navidad. It just gives a little more of a Christmas feel in our house. However, I did forget to get a picture of it... Anyway as for this week we just had to house some elders for a few days for the changes and then on Thursday we had a Christmas dinner with the mission president. However, it was only for three zones and I’m not sure if they are going to the other zones also to do it with the rest of the mission. Anyway it was pretty fun. We started out with dinner which we had some fruit salad, a weird potato casserole, some chicken, and finally chocolate cake.  We also had a ton of soda there. Anyway, it was kinda funny because when we were there I also saw everyone from my group that came with me except 2 sisters. So here is also a cool story. So there was a sister from my group that had to go home in the 4th week of the CCM because she had a ton of stress fractures on her legs. Well, almost a year later she has come back to the mission and now is in my same zone. Anyway, so back to what happened at the Christmas party, so after dinner we had a white elephant game thing were all the elders had the assignment to buy a 8-12 sol present. The game was where we all sat in a circle and the president read a Christmas story, but whenever he read certain words we either had to pass our gift to the left or right. In the end, I came out with a pretty cool bag. We finished off the day by singing some Christmas hymns and hearing a devotional from the zone leaders of the 3 zones.

Other than that, not too much happened this week because Friday me and my comp were sick. :P  Also I got a wicked cough so it was hard to work. Plus we had more elections this week so on Sunday we weren’t able to do much. However, we were able to see the first presidency devotional this week. We also did not have a baptism this week. On Saturday we talked to the family and the mom and kids are ready but the dad wants to know a little more before he gets baptized so they are thinking of doing it in January.

Well for this p-day we just went to some more ruins that are about an hour away from Cusco. I’m not entirely sure what the ruins were but it’s like a giant bowl in the ground. We weren’t supposed to go in the middle but me and another elder ran into the middle of one. (We are such rebels!) XD Anyway that’s basically all for this week. By the way, if you guys had any requests for Christmas presents, now would be a good time to let me know. If not, I’ll just get something random for everyone. Well, I love you all and glad to hear you’re all doing well.

Elder Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment