Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6, 2015 -- Hump day and Machu Picchu

Well this past week was pretty awesome. First off, my comp left the hospital Sunday night so we were finally able to go back to work like normal. This week was also nice because we have new investigators that are living with some members. They also recently had a baby too and they want to have a good family relationship and so their child can grow up in a good home. So we'll see what happens with them.

For new years eve we just ate dinner with some members and I brought over one of the cheeses and sausage sticks to share with them. They really liked the sausage but only one of the kids liked the cheese. That really confused me because they only have one type of cheese in all of Peru and it is basically a bad form of squeaky cheese. Not to mention that smoked cheddar cheese is like the best type of cheese ever. Anyway, other than that the other thing that happened is once again everyone fired off fireworks at midnight but this time it was a lot more.

I now officially have one year in the mission and as tradition calls, I burned a shirt. But don’t worry because it was one of my really old shirts that I brought that I think I have only used once. I also got all the sweaters you wanted as well as hats for everyone too. I’ll send you pictures of what your choices are but you will have to console with Aaron and Kelly as well because I bought each of them one too. 

As for Machu Picchu, it was amazing! It really takes your breath away when you first see it. You and dad will definitely have to come see it one day. When we first got there in the morning, it was raining a bit and there were clouds surrounding the mountains. It kind of gave it like a mystical feel. Anyway, the clouds cleared up later so I was able to get some wicked pictures. We also had a tour guide take us around the whole city so it was pretty cool to hear the history of Machu Picchu. As for right now, I am just really tired from the trip.

Well, I love you guys and hope that you will all have an amazing week! 

Elder Halverson 


 Hump day tradition -- burning a shirt.
Ashes of the burned shirt.
Machu Picchu Pueblo 

 Machu Picchu


 Our Christmas presents :)



No comments:

Post a Comment