Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

Well first of all, we didn’t get the house approved with that family so we are still living in our small house. Also, one of the elders in our sectors said something stupid to the family so there was a lot of unnecessary drama that happened which I had to fix up. Anyway, everything is good now. We found another house that is basically the same size so we are working on getting into there and hopefully we can move in sometime this week. Other than that, everything else is good. Me and my comp are still getting along good and we are working hard. We have quite a few people progressing right now which is really nice. However, I’m not sure what happened to William. I called him and made an appointment with him for Sunday but he never showed up so I’ll keep trying with him.

As for taxis, I’m so used to them now so I feel like when I get home I will feel like everyone is driving slow and really calm. Road rage will never again exist for me. Anyway, those other places you told me about are all in the Valle Sagrado zone so I don’t know them. As for the buildings, I only know that for the Cusco stake, we have 5 or maybe 6 buildings and like 7 or 8 wards. As for the other stake in Cusco (Intiraymi), I don’t know for them. Other than that, everything here has just been really chill; we are just getting a lot more rain now. Sorry I don’t really have much to say. But man, I feel like this change is flying by. I don’t feel like it’s already been 2 weeks since we had changes.

Just a little funny story, this morning we found a gigantic spider in our house so I just told the others to kill it and then went into the other room. However, they decided to put it on the end of a broom and then bother me with it. Since I was so freaked out, I was looking for things to throw at them and the closest thing to me was my sausage stick that I’ve been saving. So I chucked that at them but consequently broke the packaging so tonight we are gonna eat my last sausage bar.

That’s pretty crazy what you guys are doing with the house. I feel like I won’t recognize anything when I get home. Also are they gonna be staying in my room? I also feel like my room will only be the only constant when I get home. (Kinda like that scene from Labrynth where there is the replica of her room in the garbage dump so then she thinks she’s dreaming but when she leaves her room she realizes that it all actually happened.) So maybe you can just start calling me David Bowie, the goblin king, when I get back.

Anyway, that’s all I got for this week. Glad to hear you’re all doing well and I love you all.

Elder Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment