Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015

Well, we are in our new house, finally. And basically that was what we have been doing this whole last week was cleaning the new and old houses and then moving all of our stuff so I’m afraid I don’t have much to report on as for lessons. Also we have not been able to contact William since last Sunday so I’m not sure what’s gonna happen with him. All I can say about that is we have a couple (Josimara and Anthony) who live with the family that owns the first house we wanted to move into that are also progressing really well. We are just trying to get them married so we can put a baptismal date with them. There is also another guy who we visit named Enrique who had an accident a few years back and has trouble talking and can’t walk very well. Anyway he has also been progressing very well and we just have to go 30 minutes early to his house so we can take him in his wheelchair to the church meetings. That’s probably the biggest news for our investigators.

But yea like I said this week has been pretty hectic moving houses. Most of the stuff in our house we had to just carry to the new house so it took us all day to do. But now we got (almost) everything done so we can relax a bit now. I haven’t taken any picture yet of our new house because it’s still a mess but I’ll be sure to get some for the next week. However it has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a laundry room, kitchen, and a living room so it’s pretty darn roomy for only 4 elders. Also I’m sad to hear that the Seahawks lost right at the end of the game. I heard that it was a pretty exciting game though regardless that we lost. Today for P-day all the Americans are going to play football again like that time we did for Thanksgiving. 

But I’m glad to hear all is well with you guys at home. And as for spiders, they are different here in Peru. Somehow they can just keep growing and can get really big without being a tarantula so I think it’s okay for me to be scared of them. As for the guinea pig I have eaten it a few times but I’m not a big fan of it. It’s too hard to eat and the meats not that good. Also I feel like I’m eating a rat when I eat it. Anyway that’s all I got for this week. And can you also email me your pie crust recipe? I’m gonna see if I can make a pie here. Well I love you guys all and hope your all doing well. Until next week.

Elder Halverson



No comments:

Post a Comment