Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015

Hello!

Well we had a pretty good week. Also first off my comp branches off from Mark Elbert Hamblin. I’m not exactly sure whether or not I’ll get a change. At times I feel like yes and others I feel like no. However this is our last week of the change so we'll be finding out next Monday. As far as our goal of contacting 20 families we knocked it out of the park. We ended this week with 30 contacts. As a zone we had a goal of 280 families contacted in a week and ended with over 310 contacted. Now we just have to follow up with everyone that gave us their number or address. As far as our family history lessons are we have mainly been focusing with members and currently we are working with 2 families. So hopefully we will be able to keep them going on it and doing it.

Ok yea so this is probably gonna sound super nerdy but I’m pretty sure we are talking about the same video game character. So basically Ahri is from a game called League of Legends which one of my friends got me into. There are over 150 characters to use in the game so I asked him if he could recommend one for me. Knowing me he recommended the only Fox character in the game who I now basically use in almost all the matches I play. But yea just something kinda funny about that. (I also use a robot/unicorn/centaur/grim reaper character named Hecarim and a deep sea diver zombie/monster guy named Nautilus.) Ok, sorry, I just wanted to nerd out for a second because I don’t get to do it enough with the people here. Also, Aaron will probably understand that more.

As for the pie we wanted to have a dessert/family night with some members and I wanted to make an apple pie but ended up making chocolate cookies instead because I didn’t have the recipe. Also I noticed when you cook at 12,000 feet you have to change a few things because there isn’t as much air here. But as far as Cusco goes at least it’s a little more modern and so people here have ovens; however, they are basically all gas ovens.

As for everything else, it’s all going good. Nothing really new to report on with my investigators. More than anything, we are just waiting for Josimara and Anthony to get married. Also this week was Carnival here in Peru so we spent a lot of time throwing and getting hit by water balloons and foam so that was pretty fun. I also finally got pictures of my house to show you if the computer I’m using can load them. Well that’s all for me this week. I also want to see the gym when that’s done. But I hope you guys have a good week and I love you all.

Elder Halverson

Chase's apartment in Cusco:








No comments:

Post a Comment