Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015

This week has been pretty good. Once again we don’t have very many investigators to teach so we are trying to find some new people to teach. However, we did have a ton of recent convert lessons this week. I think more than anything, I never talked about them [regarding the people who were baptized last week] because they weren’t really progressing too much until just at the end of last month. They had been taking the missionary discussions for about a year and we had been teaching them basically since I got here. However, we had talked a lot with them about baptism and its blessings and we had finally got them to commit to baptism. More than anything, the rest of the family was ready but they were just waiting on the dad to make the commitment. But no, we are still working with the couple that needs to get married.

As for the tours, I’m not sure this is from the church or if it’s just run by members for members (mainly for missionaries ending or returning), but there is a company of tours here in Peru called Moroni Tours so I’m not sure if you have heard about that.

Well, it was pretty funny, Aaron had told me that he was going to propose to her like a week before they went to Washington and it was so hard not to say anything. But I’m glad that they are engaged now and that I’m going to be home for their wedding. They'll have to visit again when I’m home so I can also get to know her too. So far, I’ve only talked on Skype with her once when I called on Christmas.

I can’t remember the hardest question I’ve been asked in the mission. I remember there were a lot of hard questions that I got when I first started 1, because I didn’t know the language and 2, because my understanding of the gospel was very little. However, now I feel like I can answer most of the questions people have for me unless they start asking about deep doctrine. 

Everything else here has been going good. I got the money you sent by the way, thanks for sending that. Also did you send the package for me yet? Well, that’s all I got for today.  Glad to hear from you guys and to hear that all is going well. I love you all and until next week!

Elder Halverson



No comments:

Post a Comment