Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

Hello everyone.

So the funny thing is about the new zones is that we are actually getting less missionaries right now and so the president is trying to focus a lot of the missionaries in Cusco. So also with that he has closed a lot of sectors in the little towns like Choquehuanca and stuff. Actually, he has closed 2 zones, one being Ayaviri (which was my first zone), and the other being Juli. Anyway, as for this last week, we didn’t have the best of luck finding people but on the bright side we have a baptism planned for a family I have been teaching since basically when I got here so that’s pretty exciting.

As for Cusco, we have had nice weather as long as you like rain and clouds. XD It’s actually funny, a lot of sisters gain weight here in Cusco but as for the Elders, it’s not the same story. I’m trying to eat as much as I can but I just get filled and then burn it off in like an hour. 

Yesterday we had a training for 3 combined stakes after church with Elder Ueda (I think his name is) and he is also from the 70. It was pretty sweet to hear from him because he is also Peruvian. For most of the part he talked about member retention. It was nice because he was really trying to motivate the members into helping out the missionaries, especially the ward council. But yea other than that I don’t really have much more to report on. I did wash a cat Saturday morning, though, in my breakfast pensionista’s house. Kinda ironic because I think the cat actually likes me more now. Probably because I got out all of its loose hair. But yea it just kinda reminded me of a miniature version of washing Cusco.

Well I hope you all have a great week and I’ll talk to you later. Also sorry I don’t have any pictures for this week.

Elder Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment