Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hello everyone!
We had a pretty good week. I just got a couple funny stories that I want to tell you. Ok, so first, there is a couple we are teaching and one night while we were there I had a beanie on because it’s really cool here. For whatever reason, the wife kept giggling every time I started to talk. I asked her what it was and she said it was nothing. I then attempted to say is it because of my beanie but instead of chuyo (word for beanie) I said chorro (which means robber). It really wasn’t that funny but she just lost it. Juliaca is indeed in need of some good quality humor.
Ok, so these next 2 both happened in the same day. Also, they were both people who contacted us. The first guy was a professor from Lima and he was here selling some mathematic books he wrote. He came up to us and told us, "I respect you guys for what you do, would you be able to share your message with me by chance?" So far we have taught him twice and he came to church on his own and he has got some dang good questions. Sadly, he leaves Juliaca tomorrow but we were able to pass his info to Lima. The other was a college student who started talking to us on the street and his first words were, "I don’t want to be Mormon." I was a little put off by that and simply told him that he didn’t have to talk to us then. He later rephrased and said, "I don’t want to be baptized but I want to learn more about your religion because I’ve heard a lot of people say I know that it’s true and I want to know why." Anyway, we took down his contact information and we'll see if we can contact him this week.
This is the last one I got. Ok, so a few days ago me and my comp found a cell phone in the street and brought it home. After 30 minutes a very worried guy called us and we met up with him to return his phone. We asked him if we could share our message with him and he said we could. So later that day he showed us his house. Turns out he lives right behind us and we were able to teach him and his wife.
Anyway, those are my stories for this week. I’m glad you are all doing well and tell grandma (well she will actually probably read this email) that I wish her a happy birthday and I love her! But I’m looking forward to talking to you all next month for Mother’s Day! But until then goodbye and I love you all!

Elder Halverson

His companion made pizza!                                  And then...



Right after washing his hair, or his "lovely locks" as he put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment