Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015

Ok, first I will attempt to answer all of your questions. So basically to explain Juliaca, it is just like I remember. What you saw is basically what Juliaca is like: cold, dirty, and a lot of cars (mototaxis). However, I still like it in my own little weird way. And yes this is my first time being a senior comp (I think). I don’t ever really check on that jazz. That yellow sign that you saw is actually right next to our chapel and so I actually see it quite a bit. Speaking of buildings, my house is the first floor of our pensionista’s house. It’s cold and dark so we call it the cave. It took me a good week to get used to how cold it is. XD However, I just share it with my companion. Basically, it has 2 rooms with that bathroom outside under the stairs (also really cold). As for the food, my pensionista here cooks pretty good and she lets us cook sometimes too. However, the food in Cusco was better. She always jokes that she is going to feed me chunyo but I hope I never have to eat that again. As far as the people we have contacted, our appointments with them are either later this week or we are still in the process of finding them at home so there really isn’t anything new to report on them. Also for all the missionaries in the Juliaca zone, I believe in all there are 22 in our zone.

It’s funny you bring up Puno because we actually went there twice this week. Friday we went for a multi-zone conference with zones Puno and Juli (Puno has 2 zones). Probably actually one of the best conferences with the President we have had. Anyway, the second time was for a training on family history with the missionary couple who are working in that (the Johnsons). It’s funny because back in Cusco I did a lot of work with them. Also while I was there I met up with some other missionary nerds and we have planned to play some Dungeons and Dragons this next p-day in Puno. Also Lake Titicaca is huge. I’ll get some pictures of it next time I go. But other than that, this week has been pretty good. Me and my comp are still getting along really well. I just don’t have much to say on the people we are teaching because they haven’t really progressed and I’m still trying to get to know them.

However, this week it was funny because we had another guy contact us but this time it was this half drunk guy who told us he wanted help in his life. I swear this is the most I have had people contact me. Anyway that’s all I really got for now but I love you all and I’m glad to hear all is going well back home and I will talk to you in 2 weeks Woot!

Elder Halverson

P.S. I can’t help but think of the video game character every time you mention Ahri XD

This is a YouTube video I watched on Juliaca and is what Chase is referring to in his letter. The yellow sign is at 3:13 in the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cHAgmip3Iw  I looked up Chunyo, and it's a frozen potato concoction that seems pretty gross. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu%C3%B1o)



No comments:

Post a Comment