Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22, 2015

Hello everyone!

Well first off, I just want to wish dad a happy Father’s Day! Also, here they do celebrate Father’s Day and last night we ate torta de tres leches with our pensionista and her family (cake of 3 milks).

Anyway, also yesterday we were able to watch the dedication of the Trujillo temple. We were only able to go to the second of the 3 sessions because we had appointments the rest of the day. However, I have some good news. That guy we were talking to who wants to get baptized now has a date for his baptism. If all goes well, it will be for the 25th of July. Also, more good news, do you remember I was telling you about a couple who the husband is less active and the wife is an investigator (Ismael and Maria)? Well, we finally got them to commit to get married next month so that we could also put a date for her baptism. Her date is for the 1st of August, so I’m pretty dang excited about that. However, we have changes next p-day and so I’m hoping that I can stay here to see theses baptisms happen. 

Anyway, as for the dedication, it was super cool. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dedication before. It was kinda funny because Elder Bednar and President Utchdorf went to dedicate the temple. It was weird to hear them talk in English and then hear the translator say the exact same thing in Spanish but still understand the 2. But anyway, President Utchdorf is going to be in Cusco tonight to give a seminar for our mission and they are going to broadcast it for all of us in the mission to see. Then afterwards he will most likely go check out Macchu Picchu XD  No but it will be cool to hear him talk to us. 

I can’t believe how hot it’s getting for you guys back home. For us things are still the same, just more wind and coldness in the night. I almost feel like I haven’t felt a real summer for a while and when I get home it will still be winter for me. But still I prefer it this way than basically 3 years of heat. Also more good news, I got a toilet seat! I gotta say the sensation of something else that is not cold, wide ceramic is bliss, especially while relieving yourself. But other than that, things are going good here. This last week just went insanely fast for me and my comp. But I’m glad to hear that you’re all doing well and that the new business is working out so far. But until next week, I love you all! 

Elder Halverson

No comments:

Post a Comment