Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015

Well, first off, I am your only missionary at the moment so that doesn’t really count. Anyway, as for this week, it has been insanely fast for whatever reason. I guess we just had a lot going on this week. This week we had interviews with the president and then stake conference which took up about 2 and a half days. 

As for this week, we got a new family who is investigating and also some elders passed us a reference of one of their investigators who lives in our sector but they say he wants to be baptized so we'll see how that goes. As for all our non-married people, nothing has changed with them yet and we can’t really do much with them until they put a date of their marriage. One of the couples we are teaching, the husband is a less active and the wife is an investigator (currently I can’t remember their names). They have 2 kids but it’s kinda sad because the husband is kinda a bum and doesn’t want to get married but the wife does. She also wants to get baptized. She even told us that she is starting to think about leaving him so she can get baptized (which actually might be better if he doesn’t want to get married). I swear, here in Peru, people see marriage more as a chore than a blessing which can be very frustrating when almost everyone you teach just needs to get married to continue progressing. But that’s all the news on them.

Okay, so it was kinda funny when we had our interviews with the president because this time he came to our houses. When he looked at our bathroom he said, "Wow your bathroom is small," then he said, "you don’t have a toilet seat?" I asked if it was necessary and he said, “of course it is”. So we’ll see if we get one; however, I’m just used to it. When he entered our room he said wow it’s cold and dark in here. Then he said oh I remember this room, I told the elders to get out of this room last year. It was just kinda funny because me and my comp are used to it but we don’t live there because the house is really nice. It’s just that the perks of living with your pension are better than finding a better house. Well other than that, not much more to tell. I saw the video Lift that dad recommended and it’s really good. But just wanted to tell you also that I love you and I wish you a happy anniversary! But until next week!

Elder Halverson

p.s. My pie was just as good as the ones I make back home... I think


No comments:

Post a Comment