Lima, Peru Temple

Lima, Peru Temple

Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Hello everyone!

Things here are all going well. Thankfully I’ve been feeling a lot better this week. It’s just really cold here now that we are in winter. We were never really able to pinpoint exactly what it was that made me sick but we are just gonna say it was the water. Basically, we are given bottles here in the mission that filter water so I was just filtering water that was from the faucet and drinking that. However, they tell me here that the water is so contaminated that a filter like the one I use cant filter out all the bugs. However, I just started drinking bottled water and taking some pills that my zone leaders gave me and I’m better now. Also my comp wasn’t affected at all. He just had a severe case of boredom.

You know, truthfully, it really doesn’t feel like my birthday today. I kinda forgot about it this week and then yesterday in church with my comp I was thinking about p-day and then it hit me that it was gonna be my birthday. But speaking of being old, turns out I’m the second oldest missionary (as far as time in the mission) in my zone of 24 missionaries. Kinda weird to think about. I don’t even remember how I got to where I am now.

Anyway, for our p-day, we don’t have anything planned because there isn’t really much to do here in Juliaca. Some missionaries are playing some soccer so we may head over there for a bit. However, I’m finally going to try to make an apple pie so we'll see how that goes today. Hey and watch out, you’re almost 50 here. Speaking of which, my comp’s mom just turned 50 2 days ago.

Man, I can’t believe Tara got a second cat, though. She’s starting to turn into a cat lady. Man, that’s the first I’ve heard though of Elder Tom Perry dying. That’s pretty crazy, though. But at least he lived a good life. I wonder who they are going to call as the next apostle.

Anyway, as for my week, everything has been good. We are starting to work a lot more with a guy named Angel who was a poffesor [professor?]. Anyway, the member who gave us the contact told us that his wife had passed away. He seems really open and interested, especially when we were teaching the plan of salvation to him. Other than that, all of our other investigators are still in the same position still needing to get married. We are also working with a lot of less actives. Just this last week we had 11 lessons with less actives. One of which also just received his mission call.

Well that’s about it for me this week but I’m glad to hear all is good back home. But I love you all and will talk to you all next week!

Elder Halverson


No comments:

Post a Comment